“An entertaining and lively show, which got audience members on their feet and dancing...”
— The Inverness Oran (Nova Scotia, CAN)
Ben Miller and Anita MacDonald join together, blending the rich traditional sound of the Cape Breton fiddle, with the fiery edge of the Scottish Border pipes. Combining their creative vision with influences from Old and New World Gaelic traditions, they create a powerful sound, heralded as:
"... One of the most important folk acts on Cape Breton Island today." - CBC Main Street (Nova Scotia, CAN).
Since meeting at the 2013 Celtic Colours Festival, Ben & Anita have toured across North America and further afield, wowing audiences with their captivating blend of driving dance tunes and soulful Gaelic airs.
"... Fiery... Fresh, yet totally traditional."
- Piping Today Magazine (Glasgow, UK)
Equally at home at an intimate house concert, or a late night festival show, Ben & Anita tour as a duo, trio, or a four-piece band to fill any stage.
"... Playful, poignant and passionate all at once, here’s hoping that Miller and MacDonald keep making beautiful music together." - Celtic Life International (Nova Scotia, CAN)
- Spanish Peaks Celtic Festival - Colorado, USA (2016, 2017)
- American Folk Festival - Maine, USA (2017)
- Stratford Summer Music Festival - Ontario, CAN (2017)
- Goderich Celtic Festival - Ontario, CAN (2017)
- Campobello Fog Fest - New Brunswick, CAN (2017)
- Home County Music Festival - Ontario, CAN (2017)
- Kitchenfest! - Nova Scotia, CAN (2015-2017)
- East Coast Music Awards - Nova Scotia, CAN (2016, 2017)
- Celtic Colours International Festival - Nova Scotia, CAN (2014-2016)
- Tønder Festival - Tønder, Denmark (2016)
- PEI Mutual Festival of Small Halls - Prince Edward Island, CAN (2016)
- Festival Acadien de la Région Évangéline - Prince Edward Island, CAN (2016)
- Acadia Trad School - Maine, USA (2016)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival - Edinburgh, UK (2014)